Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Last Year's Rocky Horror Nails

So last year (and the year before) I was in a local production of The Rocky Horror Show. I was Magenta. It was insanely fun and an incredible experience for me.

I was pretty into nail art at this point and I decided I was going to do a different red and black design for each week of the production (the whole month of October). And these are those designs. Keep in mind, this was before I even had this blog, so the pictures (and clean up job) are not the best quality.

Onward!

Week one:

These were great because they looked like claws on stage. I remember I actually had a lady come up to me after the show and ask to see my nails.

Week Two:

think this was my first time doing a tape mani! right before I took this one off, I decided to see how it would look mattified: 


I LOVED it mattified, but I've found that if you don't add the matte top coat the same day you do the rest of the manicure, it will pull up the edges of the polish. You can kind of see it in this picture.

Week 3:

Mmmm, sparkly coagulated blood.

And Week 4:



Probably my favorite of the month, and definitely the most time consuming of the 4.

I miss my Rocky family!! This year, a different theater group is doing RHS and we're trying to get a big group of us together to go see it and yell callbacks. I'm very excited for it.

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips