Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bi-textural Chevrons (With Picture Tutorial!)

A co-worker friend requested I do chevrons. I've never done them before and they were on my list, so I figured, why not?

Here's what I came up with.

This is a-england St. George (I seem to be on a St. George kick) and Zoya Nyx. Nyx is from Zoya's newish line of liquid sands called Pixie Dust. It dries to a gritty, glittery, glorious texture.

I love mixing textures. I think it really adds another dimension to manicures. Here's a big pic to zoom in on all that glittery goodness:

And here's a picture tutorial!

You will need:
Two contrasting colors (or less contrasty if you want a subtle effect)
Striping tape (or scotch tape cut in very thin strips)
Scotch Tape



That's it! I hope you like it! I'm recovering from a very annoying cold, so I'm a little brain dead. No witty commentary from me this week, I'm afraid.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips