Thursday, March 14, 2013

St. Patrick's Water Marble

Yup. It's been a while. I keep going back and forth on whether I want to move my blog here or not. It seems like most of the big-name blogs are on Blogger, and the interface is easier to work with for me. It's probably better to do it now than later.

Okay, I've decided. Welcome to my Blogger Blog!

Here's my second ever water marble for St. Paddy's! (Click any pic to embiggen)

The thumbs are clovers!


Yay! So I think I solved my water issue. I'm using room temperature distilled water and the polish is spreading beautifully. Yeah I have to buy it by the gallon, but I'm just using a little at a time and it's worth it to have more detailed marbles.



|The polishes used here are a-england St. George (dark teal) and CG Running in Circles (emerald glitter). I've discovered that the a-england polishes spread REALLY well but marbling uses so much polish that I don't think I'll use them again. a-england is too expensive and beautiful to waste.

I'm really happy with these. I wanted to do clovers on all of my nails but it was surprisingly difficult to get the clovers small enough to fit on my thumbs, much less my teeny tiny pinky nails.

Well, I hope that these pictures count as a decent come back. Tonight I'm going to see Flogging Molly in concert and I'm SUPER EXCITED! They will surely get me in the mood for green beer.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. 1. Yay blogger. I need to blog more.
    2. You can't move more north and more west until after you live with Jordan and I ;)
    3. I love musical theater, nail oplish and corgis as well. Why don't we hang out like every other day?
    4. You rock my socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Yes. Blog More. I probably should too.
      2. Well duh.
      3. That is an excellent question
      4. No you!!

      Delete

Blogging tips