Thursday, May 9, 2013

Face It Check Check Nail Kit (Aka: first thing I've ever ordered from Korea) Picture Heavy!

(All pictures embiggen)

STORY TIME!

So about a month ago, I came across this very cool nail polish kit.

In this kit, came 3 jelly polishes:


This kit also came with instructions on the back, which may have been more useful if I could read Korean: 


But thanks to graduating Kindergarten, I was able to follow the pictures! 



And I lived happily ever after! 
____________________________

So yeah. This is a fun kit. I ended up using striping tape for the white line, which I think was a good and bad decision. Good: the white line is straight and awesome. Bad: it makes it more painfully obvious how bad I am at free handing straight lines.

Here be a tutorial: 



By the time I had figured out how I was going to accomplish this mani and taken all the pictures along the way, it was late and I was tired. So I thought, "What if I use a sponge for the lines, like I would a gradient, only don't mix the colors?"

You can say it. I'm a genius. 
Quite a different look, but significantly faster. I think it looks... vaguely watercolored? I like it a lot. Possibly more than the original, but that might be because it looks neater. The sponge looked like this:


Both of these looks could very likely be done with any jelly polishes, but this kit was only ten bucks, $13 with shipping, and I didn't have any jelly polishes in these colors. 

If you're interested in buying the kit, I got mine here. They also sent me a whole bunch of beauty samples AND a personalized thank you note, which was unexpected and pretty rad. 

Anywho, I hope you are all doing well! It's finally getting warm here and I'm excited! 

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips