Thursday, February 28, 2013

Interlocking Dots! (Plus Picture Tutorial)

Originally Posted: February 5, 2013

So on Wednesday, my high school choir director friend has asked me and another friend to come to one of his classes and teach Erato’s “Call Your Girlfriend” to his women’s choir. This same director-friend has apparently told some of his students that I do nails. Which, of course, means I have to have cool nails when I go there. And my last mani started chipping today. So I’m staying up all late just to make sure I have awesome nails so I don’t let anyone down. I hope you’re happy, director-friend!

SO! Here we have China Glaze Pink Voltage and Zoya Raven making an appearance on my little nails:



I also made a step by step picture tutorial!

Materials:

Two contrasting colors that are fairly opaque

Dotting tool. Or a bobby pin. Or the back of a paint brush. or any smallish tipped tool you might have around. I wouldn’t use a toothpick cause that will make super tiny dots.

Top Coat



The only step left out is the topcoat at the end… but I wasn’t sure how to make that obvious in a final photo. So I’m telling you now. Step 7: top coat that bizniz. Also, in case it wasn’t clear, the initial diagonal line in step 2 does NOT need to be perfect. It will get covered up by the dots.

Okay, and now it’s entirely too far past my bedtime. Thanks for reading!

PS: If you’re looking for a freaking neon pink, this one is amazing. It’s coming off as slightly more baby pink in these pictures, but trust me, it will make your eyes bleed with happiness.

Okay. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips